Budget - forward planning
We are a well-managed and efficient organisation. By improving the way we are managed and the way we perform we can ensure we keep developing as a modern and effective organisation.
We will continue to:
- look to the long term and plan effectively for the years ahead
- ensure that we deliver good services that meet the needs of local communities
- review our services to ensure that we are delivering them in the most efficient way possible
- ensure that our budgets reflect the changing priorities of the council
- empower communities and work with residents to deliver quality services
Restrictions on public sector funding mean that we will need to make additional savings of approximately £50 million from 2016 to 2020. Over the next 12 months Councillors and officers will develop plans to review and transform services in line with reduced budgets.